Lust for Life - The Novel of Vincent Van Gogh by Irving Stone 1934

Category: Books

Lust for Life - The Novel of Vincent Van Gogh by Irving Stone 1934 Details

Green Cloth Cover Read more

Reviews

I first read this wonderful biography when I was eighteen...I have loved Vincent and his entire body of work to this day.The print in this edition was difficult to read; and I would recommend a better copy for you, dear reader.Recently, I read an alternative account of the death of Vincent van Gogh which has long been assumed a suicide. I'm most ashamed that I did not retain the link...But, the premise was, and is, that Vincent was murdered by the jealous brother of a young student he had taken on as a student. The piece revealed significant facts unknown to me.These included the easel and paints left in the field by Vincent. And, his deathbed INSISTENCE that NO one was responsible for his death, only himself. This. of course, was in keeping with his nature . . . to blame no one for any of his many failures but his own self.I would be most interested in hearing your personal opinion of this theory. And, perhaps to links which may substantiate it.Regards,Patricia Parmley Matthews

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel